Monday, November 26, 2007

This is your Christmas card...

Pin It Now! I have decided that in the past I have spent way too much money and time on Christmas cards. This year I have decided to say Merry Christmas via my blog. Don't hate me please. Just pretend it had a stamp on it and was buried in your pile of junk mail that you get everyday. For those of you that read my blog regularly you don't really need a year in review, "Elijah started preschool, I am taking a hip hop class, Shiloh is a tech nerd, Lydia says "yeah" all the time, blah, blah, blah." Instead this will be an action packed blog revealing the late breaking news about our adoption of Moses. Well, the udpate is that the adoption will not be happening and you'll have to watch this video to find out why...



Crazy, huh? DEFINITELY not in my plan, but here we go. To be honest I am having a hard time being really excited because I am pretty bummed that we will not be able to adopt Moses (or any other kid for that matter) right now. Adopting a toddler is a lot of work (or so I have read) and there is no way I could give the proper care to a newborn and an adopted toddler and my two other kids and my husband. I am sure as the reality sets in I will get more excited, but for now I am still processing it all (we found out last week). All children are a blessing from God whether they come down your chute or are delivered on an airplane or come with red tape or come from a stork. And so far for me - NO PUKING!



And this is me (on Thanksgiving BEFORE the meal) at only 5 weeks (or so I think) along even though it looks like I am 4 months along. It is my 4th pregnancy in 5 years. SCARY. Will I ever be normal again? Doubtful. So I think I am due towards the end of July, but I have don't have my first doctor's appointment until December 17th. So there you have it folks. The Hagen gang is expanding and so is my waist. Hope you have a blessed Christmas full of surprises! Oh and my Christmas present to you all is going to be a new edition of the Hagen's Worst Photos. I got so many comments from those such as "Wow, looking at those really made me feel better about myself." I don't know how good that is for my self esteem, but it sure seemed to boost everyone else's. So put down your People Magazine filled with fake looking people and touched up headshots and enjoy the real deal. Bad Hagen pics '07.

Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you. Wow....you look pretty good for being pregnant 4 times!

Rosalyn said...

Yahooooooooo! I am SOOOOO excited for Elijah! He gets to have the back bench to himself! More room for TOYS, BOOKS, STUFF! YES!! Congratualtions Elijah!
I loveyou guys!

Solecki Family said...

OH NO!! THREE KIDS!!! YOU ARE CRAZY!!! IT IS INSANE!!!

Brian

PS: Just kidding, It is none of those things... It is actually great. And don't listen to the naysayers out there who claim 3 kids is the end of life as you know it... It isnt. It is super fun. ;)

Congrats Hagens, You are in our prayers.

Brian and Angie + the 3 Kids

Bill and Jenn said...

Congratulations Wendy!
So excited for you (and Elijah-- He's gonna dig on the back seat all to himself)!!! Here's hoping that this will be your easiest pregnancy with no puking. Praying for ya! :)
Love,
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats from the Parkers! Hope the no puking trend carries on throughout the whole pregnancy! Grace and Ethan want to give a shout out to Elijah and Lydia! Hopefully we can get together soon and catch up.
You will still be receiving the annual Christmas card from us...
Megan
PS...Tell Elijah he is not allowed to give the "face five" to Grace! haha! ;D

Anonymous said...

WENDY!!!!! YAYAYAY I'm so happy for you guys-Big Congrats. You look amazing for being prego 4 times, but you always look great! We are both so excited for you guys!!! Love you all so much!!!!

A & M

Amy Taylor said...

woohoo! Welcome to the Crazy Club!

. said...

Congrats Wendy....we are so excited for you guys. I thought that video was too cute, Elijah's reactions are always so great. I will be praying for the NO PUKING to continue.....SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!

The Francis Fam

brenda Madsen said...

WooHoo! Go Hagen's. We are so happy for you!
I am going to try out the 'high five face' on my family.
And Wendy-I can do that with my stomach all day long.....and I haven't had a baby in 18 years!

Love you guys!
xo
The Madsen 5.

Anonymous said...

Wendy, so happy for you and your family. What a wonderful blessing. Love your blog. Take care and have a great pregnancy.
Lela Seefeldt (Kelly's Mom)

P.S. Hopefully, Kelly and Ben are not too far behind you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from Tiffany Morse
I love you guys.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! What a fun and creative way to share the news. I laughed and cried while I watched the video. Congratulations on such great news. Can't wait to see you all on Christmas Eve ~ and the "bump"

Brooke Moore said...

You dirty hippie you! You are definitely falling more and more into that catagory daily. Thrilled and so excited for all of you. 3 is the magic # you know. We've done it and you've hung out with them -not too bad-huh? Kiss Elijah and Lydia for me and if you can kiss your stomach please do so.