Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter

Pin It Now!
Easter is a funny holiday. At least the way we celebrate it. As Christians, we recognize the fact that our Saviour, Jesus Christ, rose from the dead! The crux of Christianity rests on this truth. How the heck did the Easter bunny get thrown into this deal? And coloring eggs? And hiding them? And special dresses?

I know, I know, some of you know the answer to that question. Key words: evil, pagan, capitalism, Nestle, Hallmark, etc. And I could google it and find out the answer. I actually really don't want to know. That might kill it for me and I like candy and the smell of hard boiled eggs in my fridge. I can choose how I want to celebrate it with my family in terms of where the emphasis is and how I explain the meaning of the risen Christ to my children. Which by the way, that's a bit tricky for a three year old. Lydia gets it though.

Pin It Now!

0 comments: