Thursday, July 03, 2008

Signs of A Guilty Mom

Pin It Now!

Believe it or not, the Hagen household is sick AGAIN!!! Someone here has been sick since early May with the exception of 2 or 3 weeks. Lydia came down with a fever last week with no other symptoms (besides needy and whiney). After 5 days we finally took her to the doctor and found that she had an ear infection. So she is good to go now, but of course Elijah started his fever on Tuesday. Shiloh and I started sore throats yesterday, but are hoping they just go away. I am already going insane (see previous post) so this sickness thing really helps with that.



That being said, I feel that my kids may come down with a worse sickness or lifelong disease from all the television they have been watching. So today, in my "letting my kids watch too much TV guilt" (partly because they have been sick, partly because because I feel like a beached puking whale whose body is about to fall apart and whose mind is already gone) I decided to rally and pulled out the finger painting kit that Lydia got for her birthday (thanks Decker family).

What's worse, I hauled that big wooden table from my living room to the front yard all by my big bad self... with a little assistance from Elijah. But the kids did have fun.




By the way, what is finger paint made of? Pudding? Elijah asked me when his painting was going to dry. I didn't have the heart to tell him, "Next year."


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Rosalyn said...

love, love, love your kids and you. You are such a great mom. You just have to believe it Wendy. Sick and tired and you are still a great mom and the ONE God chose for your family. We love you! 0x0x0x

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha love those kids! Sorry to hear everyone is not feeling well, but its sounds like you rose to the challenge and really made their day a blast! You are such a great Mom and a great example.