Friday, June 26, 2009

Worst day of the kid's life

Pin It Now! We were at Disneyland and California Adventure the last several days. Every kid's dream right? Tons of rides, sugar, shows, family time, princesses, etc. On Father's Day I took Elijah and Lydia to two shows (Disney's playhouse and Aladdin) at California Adventure.

I also took Elijah on Soaring over California. He made a Mickey pizza for lunch.

He got to watch Scooby Doo on my laptop while Lydia took her semi annual nap and Jordis crawled around with food stuck to her cheek.


After all of this we walked to the car. It was about 1/4 mile jaunt. While we were walking Elijah kept complaining, "I can't keep up. You are walking too fast. My legs are tired." Funny how they never get tired while walking from show to ride to ride to character to show to ride in the parks. But somehow those legs know when there is not a great adventure in the immediate future and they start to malfunction. Kind of like the starvation that happens immediately before bedtime.

Then Elijah said as he hobbled along, "This is the worst day of my life." Shiloh and I just started cracking up. We felt like great parents. A day full of shows, a flight over California (with a fast pass) and a little exercise - worst day ever. Wonder what a good day looks like.
Pin It Now!

0 comments: