Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Totally Desperate Mom" Book Update

Pin It Now!
It's on people! Thanks for you all of your support and fake, pre-orders of my book.
Totally Desperate Mom: Keepin' it Real in the Motherhood
(Yeah, I added a subtitle. Hope you like it).
The book is not even finished and you committed (no give backs) to buying 500 books from me!
I have signed on with the self publishing company, Winepress, and am working away to write more chapters. I have been assigned a professional editor/coach to help me along in the process. It has been difficult to find the time to work on the book, but I am doing the best I can considering I have non-stop material being fed to me everyday by my three little priorities. It will probably be at least a year until it is all finished. Apparently it takes a long time to get the junk all together, edited, proofread, designed, etc. We are working on the front cover right now. Can't wait to share it.

I plan on having a section of the book with chapters about taking care of mom - emotionally, physically and spiritually. As well as a chapter about taking care of the marriage.
Here is an excerpt from Chapter 11 "Taking Care of Mom Emotionally."
Just keep in mind this is unedited, could have spelling errors, could violate all kinds of grammar rules, etc. Feel free to let me know what atrocities you find...

In order to prevent the adult temper tantrums and the mental breakdown days… wait a minute. Scratch that unrealistic goal. In order to decrease the frequencies of meltdowns we must learn to recognize when we are about to “lose it.” I am not really sure what “it” is, but I am pretty sure it refers to some sort of emotional stability or self-control or something that we need for healthy living and parenting. We need to make an effort to take care of ourselves. I don’t want to brag, but I must say I am gifted in this “Taking Care of Mom” business. I don’t know if it’s because I’m extremely selfish or pure genius. Perhaps both? But I figure my kids don’t need a train wreck for a mom and my husband didn’t marry a (total) basket case. Thus, I don’t feel guilty about carving out some time for myself. In order for me to be a healthy Mom I have to make time for my emotional well being (besides just grocery shopping by myself every once in a while). Allow me to help you to toss your unwarranted guilt out the window and suggest some ways that may contribute to your emotional wellness.

*** You will have to read the book to find tips for emotional wellness. Sorry, there's no other way.


If you have not read my first chapter . . .
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

love love LOVE it!

How do I put in my fake pre-order?!

TDM Wendy said...

Stacy - you're in. That's all you have to do to fake pre order!

CynthiaK said...

Such an important chapter, taking care of mom. In fact, I think that particular topic deserves several chapters. Go crazy.