Tuesday, February 01, 2011

How to Throw a Party for Boys

Pin It Now! A few weekends ago we hosted a sleepover 7th birthday party for my son Elijah. He had 7 boys spend the night. And frankly, it was awesome.


Elijah's cousins and Uncle drove up from San Diego to surprise him. He says it was his best present.

The partiers arrived at 4pm and played outside.

They enjoyed the extent of my party decorations. This was the balloons I had brought to Elijah at school the day before and dragging on the bottom is his party hat from school.
(Hope my crafty, party, friends don't die right now. And yes, there is a Christmas plant on the porch and wreath on the door. Just haven't gotten around to taken that down yet. Do you think any of those seven-year-olds noticed? Not one.)

They played video games.

They ate In-N-Out Burger.


They played more video games.

They ate cupcakes that I made. I used Mel's recipe and I ate more than one.

They all finally fell asleep by 11pm.
One kid woke up at 6:30am . . . and so followed the rest.

They had a pancake breakfast.

They played more video games.

My mother-in-law made these cookies for a party favor.

They went home at 10am.

Elijah loved it. He said it was his best party yet. He says that every year. Must be the decorations.

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Annett/ Fit Moms Fit Kids Club said...

I LOVE the decorations! I didn't know you were a minimalist! That's in, in the blogging world you know! LOL. It looked like a lot of fun!

MOM: UNPROCESSED said...

my boys had so much fun! i would say i wish i could have been there, but that would not be true.

TDM Wendy said...

Annett,
A minimalist - that is a nice way of putting it :)

Kate,
It was fun. We missed you.

The Starr Family said...

Dueling TV's for the video games... you are the mom we all aspire to be. Its all about the kids, not the party hats! Love it!

TDM Wendy said...

Starr Family,
They were in heaven. We borrowed an extra tv (we have one and used a computer monitor) and a wii.

Amy said...

I love it! My son is almost 4 and I CANNOT wait for the parties where the parents just drop them off...it almost seems easier that way! In N Out is ALWAYS a hit. Love, love, love the PacMan cookies, too! ;-)

TDM Wendy said...

Amy, Yes drop off parties are easier.