You know how my husband and I are on a no sugar dealio until Thanksgiving? And we get one cheat treat every 2 weeks? This is what I had. One of these beauts. I tweaked the recipe I found on Cookies and Cups. Here is my version of Chubby Hubby Bars:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temp
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pretzels
1 cup of peanut butter chips
1 cup of your favorite kind of chocolate chips (I like dark chocolate and I'm not ashamed.)
(14 oz) bag of caramels,
1 Tbsp water
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Spray a 9×13 pan lightly with cooking spray.
3. Beat together your butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Probably about one minute.
4. Add eggs and vanilla, mix until incorporated.
5. On low speed add in your salt, baking soda and flour, mixing until just combined.
6. Slowly add in your 1 cup of peanut butter chips, 1 cup of chocolate chips, and Pretzels. Mix until they are like long lost friends.
7. Spread in your prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes.
8. Let cool completely. Approximately an hour. Stick it in the fridge if you want to speed the process up.
9. When cooled, melt your caramels and 1 Tbsp water in a microwave safe bowl stirring every minute until melted. Or if you don't have a microwave (we don't) then heat in a non-stick pot. Pour that deliciousness over your bars.
10. Chill in fridge (the bars, not you) for 15 minutes to set caramel.
11. Melt your 2 cups of chocolate chips however you see fit and spread over caramel.
12. Put back in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
13. Cut into squares when ready to serve.
Have you had these before? Did you want to marry them?Pin It Now!