Sunday, February 05, 2012

Fit Marriage, Fit Mom

Pin It Now!
Once again I'm doing a post about marriage because
I think having a healthy marriage where two people actually like each other is important. Good for the Totally Desperate Mom. Good for the kids. Just all around good.* And yet, it's can be pretty hard to make the marriage a priority when you have little ones running around finger painting with their own poop.



Excerpt from Totally Desperate Mom:
When you said “I do” to your husband there was no motherhood escape clause. You didn’t say, “I do until we have kids,” or, “I do until things get tough.” I don’t know what your specific vows were, but I suspect they included a lifetime commitment to love and support your husband. Many moms neglect that commitment and instead direct all of their energy, love, and support to their children. This is not healthy for the marriage or the children. And yet, it is pretty easy to do. As busy, sometimes exhausted moms, what can we do to continually make our marriage a priority? I talked with some of my fellow TDMs about this and we came up with the following tips. Offering one tip over on Fit Moms Fit Kids Club. So you gotta go there to get it . . .

*If you are a single mom - feel my hug come through the screen and come back for my non-marriage post on Fit Moms Fit Kids Club next month. Or take note for that future marriage . . .
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Linda Z said...

First off, you guys are totally cute!

Second, very encouraged by the article. Such a good reminder to be interested in each others' stuff and give new things a chance. All in the name of love. :)

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

This is such a great post and oh so true! I agree you all are so cute!!