Thursday, October 11, 2012

Obstacle Courses in the Dark

Pin It Now!
Our trip to the ER last week demonstrated just one of the many reasons kids are awesome. Allow me to explain . . . 
The girls share a room. They were all tucked in bed when I heard the cry. A loud one. Lydia was crying and holding her forehead. Perhaps a pillow injury, I thought to myself. After all, what else could it be when they were just laying down in their beds? I pulled Lydia's hand away and saw the blood. A good amount of it. There was a gash.
"Lydia, what happened in there?"
"Jordis set up an obstacle course."
Of course she did. In the dark. 
"And I tripped over a box and fell into the open drawer of the dresser."
She was crying and on the inside I was crying too. Of laughter. Relax, I knew she'd be fine.

I had Elijah run next door to grab our EMT neighbor Jeremy so he could assess the damage. He bandaged her up, comforted her, and suggested we make a trip the ER for some glue. So off we went on our adventure. Twenty minute drive to the ER and we were in and out of the place in 30 minutes. The hardest part was keeping a straight face when we had to tell four different people what had happened - the registration guy, the triage guy, the nurse guy, and the P.A. girl. I'm thinking it made their night. And Lydia and Jordis probably won't be setting up an obstacle course in the dark any time . . . in the next week.






Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Poor girl! And that's an incredibly fast ER visit, wow! Thank God for the invention of glue instead of having to do the dreaded stitches!

Tricia said...

A couple of years ago, we were in the doctors office for one of the kids being sick, and my little guy fell and hit his heard on an exposed pipe under the office sink. Luckily they had the glue right there. Great stuff. My life would be so boring without my kids lol.

Kristin said...

Totally reminds me of this! http://mybeautifulnoise.blogspot.com/2011/03/first-cuts.html Glad Lydia is okay! :)

Robyn said...

Ouch! Hope she's okay!

Amy brown said...

Oh that's awesome! I'm glad Lids is ok! Hey FYI you can actually use your own super glue at home. Clean the wound with bedadine (sp?) and then apply superglue and squish it together for 1 minute. Done. No ER needed. Plus your super glue holds better than the medical grade and it's all the same.