Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Were You in the Talent Show?

Pin It Now!
Big day today in the Hagen house today. Talent show tryouts. Well, it's actually not a big day. I am pretty sure everyone makes the talent show - unless you get up on stage and cuss the teacher out. I was in the talent show at Lydia's same school when I was her age. I did a solo gymnastics routine that I made up to "Open Arms." I'm sure it was pretty exciting - filled with summersaults and cartwheels. Still talked about to this day. By no one.

Lydia and three of her friends are doing a routine to "What I Said." It's pretty cute. And sassy. I made it up :) The girls are more interested in their sequins outfits and wearing makeup than the routine. Lydia claims to have stage fright so it should be interesting. 
Raise your hand if you were in your elementary school talent show. Please confess what you did. 
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

This made me laugh! I so did...only I was in the 5th grade-haha! My best friend and I made up some crazy lip sync/dance routine to Paul Simon's Under African Skies from his Graceland album...for reals...

Jessica Johnson said...

Hand raised. I played "Please Don't Go Girl" on the piano. You wish you were there, I know.

judeandjenn said...

In 5th grade, I was in the talent show with my friend. We dressed like baseball players and read Abbott and Costello's "Who's on First". We didn't even memorize it, we read it straight out of a book. Scary part....we won 2nd place. Our school must have had some seriously talent challenged kids!

TDM Wendy said...

So sweet. Way to go 2nd place!

TDM Wendy said...

I do wish I was there. Please don't go girl...

TDM Wendy said...

That's hilarious.

TDM Wendy said...

Jump roping is the new black. Lydia could totally put together a jump rope "routine." Maybe next year.