Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Confessions of a Childhood Actress - Got the Part!

Pin It Now! If you have not read Parts 1-6 of my True Hollywood Story you can start here. Then scroll down to the bottom of the post where it says Labels. Click on Confessions of a Childhood Actress and it will pull up all the posts. For the rest of you...

My Mom said that I got home about 1 in the morning as we did drive home just after the final call back. In the morning she got a call from my agent who told her that the producers were considering two girls and I was one of them. Thus, Mary (my agent) was in negotiation talks with them about me. I was at school at the time (8th grade).

As I recall, I was home alone when the call came in that I had gotten the part. I must have come home via carpool and gotten the news that I was a frontrunner. Then either my Mom or Mary called to tell me that I got the part! I remember being in my parents' bedroom jumping up and down on the bed in total excitement with no one to share it with. I think my Mom and Dad came home from work shortly thereafter. I can't remember much else that day. Don't know who we called first. There was no internet. No cell phones. We were just glad to have running water and electricity back in 1989.



It was a dream come true. I was going to be starring in a television show that had already been picked up for 24 episodes! We were to begin filming on the Hollywood Universal Studios lot within weeks. The only thing we would have to figure out was where I was going to live, who I was going to live with, what my family was going to do, where I would go to school, etc. No big deal. Just some minor details to hash out... ASAP. Pin It Now!

0 comments: