Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Hollywood Days - Chad Allen

Pin It Now! This is part 22 of my story...
I know I am hopping around with my story, but I just take it one week at a time and one thing leads to another... and here we are.

Will and I shared a "studio teacher" on set. Our first teacher was Linda Elster Stone. She was awesome. We were buds. She even tried to get some friends for me (before I had Christina and Carol Ann). She had worked with Chad Allen previously and thought I might enjoy a phone call from him. Uhhh... yeah! I thought he was hot in all of his Teenbeat glory! Please leave a comment if you had a crush on him, had a teeny bopper magazine subscription or watched any of Chad's shows. There is no shame. There is no judgement. There is only love.

I tried to play it cool, but I was eagerly awaiting his call. He called. We talked for quite a while. He was nice. There was no love connection or anything, but we started a friendship. I did hang out with him several times after that, went to a taping of his show ("My Two Dads") and also became friends with his twin sister. I remember going to his house at least once. And we later had an acting class together at Diane Hardin's Acting Studio (same place I had a class with Leonardo -different class though). I actually have quite an embarassing story about an improv scene I did with Chad. I just don't know if I can go public with it. I'll share it if 50 people leave me comments begging me to share the story... or if someone sends me a million dollars in cold hard cash. Otherwise, I don't know if it would be worth the humiliation. I think my friend, Sara, is the only one who knows the story (she was there), but she has been sworn to secrecy. So please don't try and bribe her with your five dollar bills and chocolate confections. She just might cave.

I met Stephen Doreck when he guest starred on Lassie. We figured out the Chad connection. Chad and Stephen knew each other because they went to high school together. Chad and Stephen came to watch me when I filmed "Circus of the Stars."
This is a shot of the three of us before I taped the show. Please don't ask me why I draped a huge cross over my bare belly. It really wasn't a good look, but I had no clue. No one had the "modest is hottest" talk with me yet.

This was taken at Villa Sorento in North Hollywood (no longer there) after the taping of the show. A large group of us went out afterwards to celebrate.


Next week I will post about my experience doing "Circus of the Stars." It was one of the most rewarding, incredible and memorable experiences of my life.
Pin It Now!

13 comments:

The Andersons said...

totally had a poster of chad on my wall. right next to Michael J Fox and Mitch Gaylord. As for the contradiction of the cross on the bare belly... the phenomenal mom jeans totally distracted me from it. u rock.

Kelly said...

Your "modest is hottest" comment cracked me up. Fun times.

One Crazy Mom said...

share the embarrassing moment! =)

And those are like Webster's definition of "mom jeans" =)

mannfamily said...

so funny. i did gymnastics with charity. and i was friends with Chad Doreck. we were meant to be friends (you and i, not me and chad).

Chad Allen Online said...

Cute story! Yes we'd love to hear the embarrassing story!

KQ said...

We love to hear all your stories...embarrassing or not.

Mama V said...

Um... Chad Allen? Check. Big BIG crush. Mostly when he was on "Our House"... I remember being in jr. high and comparing the boys in my life (ha) to his looks.

SHARE THE STORY, PLEASE!!!!!!!

"Modest is hottest"... love it. I especially love that you were covering your belly with none other than a cross. But I'd have to agree. The mom pants that rise up to your chest caught my eye much sooner than the bare mid-drift... does that even constitute as a mid-drift? :)

Sue said...

Oh HELL ya he is cute! Please share the story!!!!

The Mrs. Kang-sta said...

STOR-RY, STOR-RY, STOR-RY! Um...we need to hear.

wendy said...

um, just stumbled across your blog, not sure how, but i am hooked already and i want to live vicariously thru your tv stardom stories....thanks

Gen said...

I LOVED Chad Allen! I was the same age as him and would often daydream of growing up, marrying him and having gorgeous blonde kiddos.

Kate Towery said...

I did not have a poster of Chad Allen on my wall, but I'm sure he adorned my mirror with all the other Teen Beat hotties at one time or another. Doing my part to get you to cave and give us the story!

TDM Wendy said...

Haven't shared it yet. Maybe one day.
But I will tell you involved kissing on stage :)