Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hollywood Days - School on Set

Pin It Now!

My scheduled varied everyday. Sometimes my call time was 6am. Sometimes it was 10am. Child labor laws dictated that I would not work more than 8 1/2 hours per day. This also included "school time." I was to average 3 hours per day of school. Some days I had only 1 hour of school and other days I had 5 hours, but it need to average out to 15 hours per week. Or else. County jail.


I had a pretty dingy little trailer for my school. Here is a picture of Carol-Ann and I. I am not sure if this was her school trailer or mine. Either way, it was definitely school on a syndicated budget.

The trailer moved around from outside of stage 19 (at Universal Studios) to up on the back lot. When we filmed on Colonial Street on the back lot (where Desperate Housewives is currently filmed) the trailer was parked right along the path of the trams.


Being a people person, I loved waving to the tram riders as the announcers talked about the filming of "The New Lassie" and sometimes referred to us by name. This pic is of Jodi Peterson and I (she had a recurring role on the show) outside the trailer. The guest star kids had "decorated" the trailer.

I left my regular school in the Bay Area towards the end of eight grade. The school sent my work to my studio teacher and we sent it back to the school. One of my classes was Chorus so my teacher, Linda Elster Stone, arranged for me to have singing lessons from Scott Grimes to cover that class. Many of you know him as being a talented actor (from ER and a bunch of other stuff), but he is also a gifted musician. Nice guy.


We also went on "Field Trips." Here is a photo of a trip to the zoo.


From left to right: Will Estes's Dad, Ahmet Zappa, his little sister?, Vonnie Ribisi, Will and his mom, me, and our studio teacher Linda.

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Bill and Jenn said...

Wendy, so glad to hear that Scott Grimes is a nice guy in real life because his character on ER drove me crazy. And I'm willing to bet that, prior to reading this, if I would have seen him somewhere in public, I would have been annoyed at him-- just because of the character he played. :) I'm just deep like that, I guess.
Merry Christmas!

TDM Wendy said...

Jenn, Now intstead of being annoyed if you see him you can ask him to bust out in song. Keep it deep.
Merry Christmas to you too!

jennyonthespot said...

It's so fun to look at all this! Love your clothes! :)

Phoenix said...

Wonder where Jodi Peterson is today