Monday, December 21, 2009

Hagen Family Worst Family Photos of 2009

Pin It Now!


One of my first posts on this blog was about the problem with "Kodak Moments." We often blog and display photos of our family that portray our very best, which is great sometimes. I don't know about you, but my life is not always a "Kodak Moment." There are many days in the motherhood when I don't quite make it into a decent outfit. There are many days when makeup fails to make it on to my face.
There are many days when my kids' hair screams out "Brush me!" and I just don't get to it.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I read other mom blogs and think, "Really? Do their kids always look that good? Does she always do 14 crafts a day with her children and do her makeup and wear a cute outfit? Does she ever sleep? Where are the meltdowns? Does she have servants?"

If you've read my blog for more than a week you know I like to keep it real in the motherhood. I don't just display the Kodak moments. Because my real life is made up of Kodak moments and messes. In years past, I have gotten the most encouraging (?) feedback when I have shared my bad Hagen family photos. I write encouraging with a question mark because I am still trying to figure out if this is a compliment: "Thanks! You make me feel so much better about myself!" (because look how ugly you are in that pic!). It's alright. I can take it. I grew up with older brothers.

That being said, it's that time of year. Time for Bad Hagen Pics of '09. Indulge yourself. Enjoy my wrinkles because somehow most of the bad pics were of me this year . . .

If you missed previous years or just want to relive our unglory days:

Merry Christmas.
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

LOL, you've TOTALLY inspired me. I have so many of these that my hubby and i just laugh at. Next year, I'm saving them in a "best of" folder. I can't wait!

Mirinda said...

LOVE it! So true (about the other perfect mommy bloggers)and I'm so glad you keep it real!! Kinda goes hand in hand with Sarah Mae's post the other day (in my head it did anyway)

Hilarious!!!

Carrie said...

Ha! I have just started reading your blog recently and I love this! I wish I had kept all my bad pics now.... I just hit delete! Though there is a scary no-makeup up pic of me from our snow day the other day!

TDM Wendy said...

Girls, it is not too late. Especially if you have one especially bad one. A new years shout out perhaps?

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Love these! They always make me smile. Merry Christmas!

Jamie said...

alright... i at least gave a semi post of the bad pics but next year will include pix of me, i swear :)