Friday, November 19, 2010

Guest Post at (in)courage

Pin It Now!
Last week I did a guest post over at (in)courage. If you didn't read it, now is your big chance because it will self-destruct in 7 days.
-----


May 5, 2002
Dear God,

I know you are real. The prophecies, the manuscript evidence, etc. I have seen you do amazing things in me and in others. You are real, but right now I just don’t feel you. It is so strange to me that I am questioning and trying to understand your love for me. I never thought I could be at this place. The weekend’s theme at the retreat was all about your love. But then I think, You love everyone. How is it special that you love me?’ What can I do to be close to you? Wait? Go into a serving ministry? Fast? Go through a hard time? I know it sounds crazy, but I do envy Sally for the closeness she has to you as a result of the devastation she is experiencing from her husband cheating on her and leaving her. And I envy Pastor Steve. As a result of his illness, he is so close to you. Please draw me close. Whatever it takes. A cool verse I found yesterday in II Chronicles 20:12 “We don’t know what to do, but our eyes are on you.”

Eight Years Later . . .

Head over to (in)Courage to read about eight years later . . .

Pin It Now!

0 comments: