Monday, August 22, 2011

Nose-Picking, Princess Dance Camp

Pin It Now! A few weeks ago Jordis and Lydia went to Princess Dance Camp. It was Jordis first class/camp. Day 1 of camp was her third birthday. And it was bad.

One teacher for twenty dancers. Three to five-year-old dancers.
Jordis's tap shoes kept coming untied. And the teacher could only retie them so many times since there was so many other kids in the class. And apparently the ribbon I put on the shoes that we borrowed from a friend was not made for tap shoes. Toward the end of class Jordis got frustrated and gave up. And sat down by herself and cried.

That's when I arrived (20 minutes early) with my brothers fancy camera to take pictures of her first dance experience. And found Jordis off to the side crying. "I want to go home. I want to go home" She cried when I came in the room.
It was so sad . . . but I still took some pictures. And gave her love. And a fruit leather.





There is more to the first-day drama, but suffice it to say I got some apology phone calls from the studio and so we went back for the rest of the camp. And the girls enjoyed it. And there was another teacher there. And I got Jordis some tap ties so she danced her heart out. Or picked her nose off. Something like that.
At the final performance. "Hi mom!"

Thanks for the tap ties, Mom.

I'm not sure if nose picking was part of the choreography, but it might have been.




Next up. Auditions for So You Think You Can Dance.
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Mel said...

This makes my heart melt, precious dancing memories. I love that she forgot her first day woes and jumped right back in!

Anonymous said...

Oh, mama. My eyes are blurry over here ... good for your sweet girl for giving it a go again! Such a cutie. :)

Working Mommy said...

I would be "that" parent along with you - taking pictures of my child bawling...and laughing so hard I peed myself. Hysterical!

WM

grey rose (they/them) said...

precious. i love that she went back to dance! goodness, your girls are cuties.
nose picking and all;)

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh these are such cute pictures! I am glad that she got to back and dance. Looks like she really had a great time the second day!

Missy said...

That is the most adorably pathetic thing I've ever seen.

See, you do have experience...