Sunday, July 01, 2007

Elijah, the Motorcycle Guy's, Star & Batman Chart

Pin It Now!
My friend, Rhonda, said she made a really cool chore chart. I asked her to email it to me so I could copy it or get some ideas. Clearly, the email never came. This is what happens when left to my own charting abilities, or lack thereof.
My chart is more of a random acts chart. Elijah gets a sticker after swim lessons, when he does something nice for his sister (without being asked), when he is especially polite or kind (without being asked), etc.
He earns a certain amount of stickers and then gets a prize. Of course that has turned into him sharing something with Lydia and then asking, "Do I get a sticker for that?" Man, this trying to get to your child's heart concept (vs. just correcting their outward behavior) is quite challenging. I can now remotely imagine what God deals with in me. As you can see from "Elijah, the motorcycle guy's, Star & Batman Chart" (because that's what he wanted to call it), I am not a Type A/perfectionist personality. Nor am I artistic.
And yes, my cat has a heart shaped butt.
Pin It Now!

0 comments: