Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Star Wars Helmet for the Homeless

Pin It Now!
Elijah and I were cleaning up the playroom living room . I asked him where he wanted me to put his Clone Trooper helmet since is it so huge. Then I said, "You're not really into Star Wars much these days. How about if we give this to someone else?"

He said, "Okay. Let's give it to a homeless person." Bless his heart.



Food? Shelter? No thanks, but I'll take a Clone Trooper helmet.
I didn't want to crush him so I said gently, "Well, I don't know if any homeless people are going to want to cart this around."
A light bulb went off in his head, "Let's send it to Anthony in Kenya!" Another practical idea. The kid really has a heart of gold.

If you know any local homeless or poor people that are looking for a helmet that says "Cover Me!" "Sir - wer're taking heavy fire." "All clear general." "All units - fire at will!" "The mission always comes first sir!" "I'm on my way." "We've got you've outnumbered!" "Green light. GO! GO! GO!" "I've got a baaaad feeling about this sir." "Copy that sir." "All gunships holding at a safe distance."
... let me know. May the force be with you.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

debsarp said...

You're hilarious.

playswithlegos. said...

i don't know... i might be inclined to put some money in the styrofoam cup of a Clone Trooper.

CSL said...

Absolutely adorable story, and what a precious, giving son. His heart is in the right place!