Sunday, October 24, 2010

8 Days of Travel with my Four Year Old

Pin It Now! Lydia (my four year old daughter) and I went on an 8-day road trip to Southern California in my DMV last week. We stayed at six different friends' houses, spoke at 4 different churches, went to a Pretend City, and enjoyed a day at Disneyland in the midst of a thunderstorm. It was an unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime kind of trip. And of course, now we are both sick. Totally predicted that and totally worth it. Lydia came down with a runny nose today and I have had a sore throat for several days. It's the price we pay for being roadies.

Here are some highlights of our trip:

***Stayed in Santa Clarita with my dear friend of 20+ years Brooke and her family.

***Spoke to the MOPS group at Grace Baptist church. Carol-Ann and Annett came to see/hear me there! Not sure if they will ever have me back due to the pure scariness of my appearance.

***Spoke at Calvary Community Church in Westlake Village Church to their MOPS group. Stayed with my friend since birth, Alissa.

***Stopped in for a visit with my newer friend Kerri Pomarolli. She is funny and pregnant. It's a good combo.


***Crashed at my friend Shannon's house. Blocks from the beach. Shannon and I have been friends for about 20 years. You might remember Shannon from earlier posts - she assisted me at Kirk's house.

Lydia and Rhyen (Shannon's daughter) worked really hard to make Rhyen's room an unsafe place to walk.

Shannon and I got pedicures and the girls got their toe nails painted. Does anyone have nasty, crusty flip-flop heels like I do? I feel sorry for my pedi-giver. But little girls sure have cute feet.

And that's just the first half of our trip. Stay tuned for more of our adventure including my "Fake High School Reunion" with some old Hollywood friends.
Unless you are bored. In that case, go read your own blog :)

P.S. I am speaking at Mothers Together at Menlo Park Pres on Tuesday. If you live in the Bay Area and are a mom, come on down. Starts at 9:30am and childcare is provided!

Pin It Now!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Making some great Mother-Daughter Memories. Looks like you guys had a blast. Sorry the sickies had to show up and ruin the fun.

TDM Wendy said...

We're still having fun despite the sickies. Well, kind of.

Nancy said...

I too always feel sorry for the woman who gets to work on my nasty feet. Pretend City... isn't that a cool spot? Looks like you had so much fun with friends. I would have totally come to hear you speak. I totally missed out! :(

Annett said...

OK you are so funny! DMV!! I have a DSUV! Your DMV has nothing on my DSUV. It looks like I have 7 kids! lol. It was GREAT seeing you! You did an awesome job. What a blessing you are to many, including me.

TDM Wendy said...

Nancy, I am coming back in a few weeks. Look on my speaking schedule at www.wendyhagen.net
Come see me!

CAP17 said...

First, I LOVE your glitter ankles to go with your crusty flip flops and too cool pedicure. Second, I think I took that picture of you speaking at MOPS with your eyes closed. So sorry!! Delete delete delete!
xo
CA

TDM Wendy said...

CA,
Those aren't even my feet - those are Lydia and Rhyen's feet. If only I had gotten the fairy dust.
No deleting that pic - it is just so flattering :)

The Resident Writer said...

I'm so bummed I missed you! But reading your book has been like having you in my living room telling me funny stories, and telling me about how you've been since 1991. I'm glad you'll be back down. Maybe I can buy you a mocha??? (I hear a tall one with no whip cream is only a million calories.)

mel @ the larson lingo said...

It looked like you guys had SUCH a fun trip! I bet Lydia was in 7th heaven! And, I TOTALLY have crusty & cracked flip flop heels. Disgusting.

david said...

you had a good time

david said...

nice feet

david said...

they donet look crusty at all