Tuesday, July 12, 2011

May So Cal Trip

Pin It Now! In May we went on a family vacation/speaking trip and I am finally getting around to blogging about it . . .


My parents give us a timeshare week in Mexico every year for Christmas. We usually trade it for some place in Southern California. This time we landed a bit of a dumpy place, but the location in Capistrano Beach was great and the view (pictured) was to die for. Rather, if you die it afforded a great place to dump the dead body.


Our place was close to the beach and we couldn't afford a babysitter so we just buried the kids.



I spoke at Church of the Open Door's Moms' group that my friend from UCLA, Lindsay Willmer, started.

Brian (Lindsay's husband) and I have been buds since UCLA, but I had not seen him or Lindsay in years. It was so great to catch up with them in person. Brian is a football coach at Azusa Pacific University.


I also spoke at Shiloh's home church, Fallbrook First Baptist, at their "Mothers and Others" lunch.

We visited the cousins in San Diego.

















With my sister-in-law Kate.

We went to church in downtown L.A. at The Bridge at Union Church where our friend Tim Yee is the new pastor. His wife is one of my best friends since high school.

The day we drove home was Mother's Day. I chose this hole-in-the-wall Persian restaurant for our Mother's Day lunch. We took over the joint. And it was good.


Where else but downtown L.A. could you happen upon a clown when you are walking down the street?


Elijah got me this ring for Mother's Day. I totally thought it was real gold and diamonds until after three hours of wear when the gold turned bronze. Maybe it's a mood ring?


The End
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

The Starr Family said...

You are adorable. Your kids are adorable. Love the sun. The end.

~robin said...

Ahhh. What a nice ring!
Love catching up on your posts!

Jaimie said...

That looks fun :) And I just bought that same ring for my birthday!! Good to know it will turn colors!! ;) Don't you live in Southern Cal? I thought you did, but then you said you vacationed in Southern Cal (which I would understand, bc we do that too) :)

TDM Wendy said...

Jamie - Nor Cal baby. Enjoy your ring.